Welcome to the International Congress for Students, Young Doctors and Pharmacists MARISIENSIS XXII Edition platform!
Our first concern is to make the Marisiensis Experience as easy as it can be. Therefore, here is the most useful information that you need!
You can register to our congress by clicking the REGISTER Button on the right corner of our website. After filling all the details requested, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and, by clicking on the link found in the e-mail, your account will be confirmed and your registration will be completed.
We offer you a variety of packages where you can choose for:
- Active Participant
- Passive Participant
- EMC/EFC Points Registration
- Only Gala Participants
For further details of our packages you can select FEES Page from Information Tab on our website, where you will be able to find the description and the prices for each one.
Domains of activity – you can submit your paper(s) in one of the following domains:
For oral presentation:
- Basic Medical Science
- Clinical - Medical
- Clinical - Surgical
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Physical Education
- Dental Medicine - Preclinical
- Dental Medicine – Clinical
For poster presentation:
- Surgical - Medicine
- Non-Surgical - Medicine
- Dental Medicine
First of all, you must know that only the Active Participants can submit a paper as FIRST AUTHOR. After the registration on our website, you must login on our platform to see all your details.
All Active Participants can submit one scientific paper included in the participation tax. Remember that for an additional paper you must pay an extra fee. Maximum of papers submitted by an Active Participant as First Author is 2 for our congress.
Every paper can have:
- 1-4 Coauthors
- 1-2 Coordinators
For selecting your coauthors, all of them must be registered on our website as:
- Active Participant – if they are participants in our congress.
- Coauthor – if they do not participate in our congress– for this category of registration, there is no tax. But, if the coauthor wants to be awarded with a diploma, he or she must select during the registration process EXTRA DIPLOMA and it is subject to an additional fee. You can find all the fees in the Information Tab.
For our congress as an Active Participant you can have:
- 1 Paper as First Author + Maximum 3 Papers as Coauthor
- 2 Papers as First Author + Maximum 2 Papers as Coauthor
- 0 Papers as First Author + Maximum 4 Papers as Coauthor
As coauthor you can have a maximum of 4 papers.
Structure of the paper
The standard structure of the papers must contain:
- Material and Method
- 3-5 Key Words
Remember that you can write a maximum of 300 words for your paper. Our platform will not let you to submit your abstract if it exceeds 300 words. Remember that only the structure elements of your paper are counted.
Validation process of your paper
Our congress offers two types of validation for your paper, in the following order:
Scientific Commission Review – a commission of doctors and teachers from our university will blind review your paper. Once the paper is reviewed, you will receive an e-mail in which you will find the status of your paper:
- Accepted by the Scientific Commission – your paper is validated by the Scientific Commission and your paper will go to the next process.
- Minor Revision – your paper must be revised and you have 24 hours since you have received the e-mail to do so, according to the reviewer comments found in the e-mail and resend it.
- Rejected by the Scientific Commission – your paper has been rejected and it won’t go forward to the next step. You will find attached in the email the reason(s) why it was rejected.
The plagiarism review – all the validated papers at the previous step must pass
The Plagiarism Detector Software provided by the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Tîrgu Mureș. ATTENTION! Any paper found as plagiarism will be rejected from the congress and we will notify not only the participant of this, but also and his or her university as well. For this step, you must verify our website – VALIDATED Papers Tab - so you can find that your paper was accepted for presentation and publication (Green Color) or not (Red Color).
If you want to have any further information, please contact the Scientific Department (Organizing Committee Page from our website).
During the submission of your paper, you can choose between ORAL PRESENTATION and POSTER PRESENTATION.
Important! Case presentations are eligible only for POSTER PRESENTATION.
Your presentation must be in .ppt/.pptx format. Any other format is not accepted. You must give your presentation file to the IT Volunteer before the start of presentations.
- Basic Medical Science: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Clinical - Medical: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Clinical - Surgical: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Nutrition and Dietetics: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Physiotherapy: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Physical Education: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Nursing and midwifery: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Poster: presentation 3 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Dental Medicine: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
- Pharmacy: presentation 5-7 minutes + 2 minutes questions
Submission of the abstract - The abstract will be submitted in summary form, like any abstract submitted to the Congress. In the specifications field you will write “Poster Section”
Paper Theme - The paper can approach any theme accepted in the Congress, as in the case of those presented orally. Case presentation may also be approached as a theme for the paper.
Format of the poster - The poster must have A1 format with portrait orientation.
Assessment of your paper - Your paper will be assessed by a panel and the best posters will be awarded.
During the presentation - In defense of a poster the time allowed for presentation shall not exceed 3 minutes + 2 minutes for questions asked by the panel.
- Surgical - Medicine
- Non-Surgical - Medicine
- Dental Medicine
All the validated and presented papers will be published in a supplement of Acta Medica Marisiensis, the official journal of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Tirgu Mures, an B+ indexed journal – http://actamedicamarisiensis.ro/.
Participation in lectures and workshops
For every participant, in order to receive his or her DIPLOMA at the CHECK-OUT, it’s mandatory to attend a minimum of 2 lectures and 1 workshop.
The participation in the scientific activities will be electronically evidenced and it will be checked through by scanning your badge at the entrance of every lecture or workshop by our volunteers.
For registration to lectures and workshops
The day and time will be announced on our website and Facebook Page two days before.
In order to register, your account status must be PAID. This means that you must pay the participation fee and then verify the update of the payment status in your account before the registration for lectures and workshops opens. If there is any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A special tab will open in your account when the registration process starts.
Any participants who do not register to lectures and workshops will be randomly distributed.
Only Active and Passive Participants can register to lectures and workshops.
In the event that you need a visa, in order to attend our congress, you have to check the option “I need visa”, which can be find in the Registration Process. Please get informed in advance about the travelling conditions of your country regarding Romania.
For any further information about visa, please contact our International Department – you can find on Organizing Committee Page.
Official Language of the Congress
The Official Language of the Congress is ENGLISH. All of the papers must be submitted and presented in ENGLISH.
All participants can participate in the social program.
Wednesday - Opening Ceremony + Cocktail Party
Theme Party – Thursday and Friday
Closing Ceremony – Saturday Evening
Gala – Saturday Night
For GALA PARTICIPATION, there is an extra tax. You can find our Fees in the Fees Page from our website.
This year, you will be able pay for our congress in 3 different ways:
1. Online with debit or credit card
With our partner – EuPlatesc.ro – Instant Payment Confirmation, secured payment with 3-D Secure. Please be aware that when you choose online payment, you will be redirected to our online payment processor – EuPlatesc.ro. Our website and our organization will not retain any personal data from your credit card.
If you agree to the "Online Debit/Credit Car" payment method, you need to fill out a form with information about your card on the secured payment processor page.
Credit / debit card payments issued under Visa and MasterCard (Visa / Visa Electron and MasterCard / Maestro) is done through the "3-D Secure" system developed by organizations that provide online transactions at the same level of security as ATMs or physical environments at merchants.
"3-D Secure" ensures first that no card-related information is transferred or stored, at no time, on the store's servers or on the payment processor's servers, being introduced directly into Visa and MasterCard systems.
Important to know! - There are no charges for bank card payments!
2. At the Students’ League of Tîrgu Mureș Headquarter – Nicolae Grigorescu street, no. 15A, Students` Hostel No. 2, Tîrgu Mures, Romania. You can only pay by cash here. The Payment Schedule will be posted on our website and Facebook Page. Instant Payment Confirmation.
3. Bank Transfer - Liga Studentilor din Tîrgu Mures, Banca Transilvania, CIF 12294600
- For LEI: RO18 BTRL 0270 1205 P493 7700
- For Euro: RO03 BTRL 0270 4205 P493 77XX
Please specify the name you are paying for. If you choose to pay via bank account, the validation process will take 48 hours.
Please pay attention at the bank payment! If you pay in our bank account, you must pay the bank fee that is charged. If you do not pay the bank fee, your payment will be invalidated. The bank fee is aprox. 4-5 lei
Organizer of the event:
The organizer of the event is Liga Studenților din Tîrgu Mureș, Str. Nicolae Grigorescu 15A, Caminul 2, Parter, Tîrgu Mureș, Romania. CUI 12294600, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware once your payment is registered, you agree with the rules presented here.
Enjoy the MARISIENSIS Experience!